A combination of cooked and smoked salmon, hot-smoked salmon, stuffed eggs and cucumber, yogurt and dill salad makes the ideal al fresco sharer for friends.
- 4 eggs
- 2-3 tbsp mayonnaise
- a little cayenne pepper
- 200g cooked salmon
- 100g hot-smoked salmon
- 6 small rolls , halved
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 100g smoked salmon
- 1 lemon , 1/2 zested and 1/2 cut into wedges
- ½ cucumber
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp chopped dill or chives
- bread , soft rolls or wraps, to serve
- Hard boil the eggs by cooking them in boiling water for 8 mins, then cool quickly under cold running water and peel. Halve the eggs and pop the yolks into a bowl. Mash the yolks with the mayonnaise, cayenne pepper and some seasoning. Spoon or pipe the mixture back into the egg halves and chill until you need them.
- Flake the cooked salmon into large chunks and put it on a platter with the hot-smoked salmon and the eggs.
- Spread the bottom half of the rolls with cream cheese, then add the smoked salmon and a squeeze of lemon juice and top with the other half of the roll. Cut each one in half.
- Peel and slice the cucumber. Mix the yogurt with the dill, lemon zest and some seasoning, then stir in the cucumber. Pile the mixture into the centre of the platter. Serve with extra bread, rolls or wraps and lemon wedges.
Original recipe source: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/salmon-picnic-platter/